- Our School accepts no responsibility whatsoever for cases of force majeure (according to law) or for students’ actions.
- Our School is not responsible for any personal items left in the school building, in the residence, in the students flats, at the travel agency or at the guest families.
- On formalising enrollment onto a course (and accommodation) students accept the General and Payment Conditions and Payment Method, as well as the norms, rules and guarantees of Our School.
- The student will be charged for the replacement of items broken either intentionally or through negligence.
- In high season the student residence may be substituted by another type of accommodation at a corresponding price.
- If there is damage and no one is directly responsible, we will divide the cost of repairs among all the students in the flat.
- In case the students residences, appartments and families are fully booked, participants may be places in other type of accommodation of the same quality.
- In high season some classes may be given in classrooms outside of our installations.
- Our School reserves the right to extend the timetable for classes to 9pm
- It is not possible to make up classes due to illness.
- There are no classes on national holidays (see: the price list). The missed classes will be replaced by a cultural activity on the same day (e.g. a lecture). Classes cannot be recuperated and are non-refundable.
- We strongly recommend that all students take out a travel or medical insurance policy in their home countries.
- If students are participating in SPANISH & ADVENTURE or SPANISH & EXCURSIONS they have responsibility to ensure that their travel or medical insurance policy covers the activity or sport in which they are participating. You may be required to show us a certificate of this insurance policy prior to commencement in the course.
- The final decision regarding the acceptance of a student in a project will be taken by the organization, all placements are subject to change.
- The final contract between Our School, the host organization and the volunteer will be signed upon arrival.
- It is not possible to change projects (that is, go and work on another project) once you have started unless you have irreconcilable problems on your first project. If we place you in a second project you have to pay another volunteer fee of $ 75 (this includes the change fee of $ 38).
- You are expected to work till the end of your placement; if you abandon the project, no refund on accommodation nor the volunteer fee will be granted.
- Students from Western Europe, the USA, UK, New Zealand or Australia do not require a visa to enter Argentina, though all students have responsibility for enquiring about their particular case.
- Students from other countries must enquire about obtaining a visa at the Embassy or Consulate nearest to them. The proof of enrolment document which is required for the visa can only be issued by the school if the enrolment form has been received and the advance payment of US$ 250 per person has been made.
ADMISSION OR EXPULSION
- Our School reserves the right to cancel the student’s place if on the day of their arrival they have not paid the total sum of the course, accommodation and other services contracted.
- Our School cannot guarantee the free airport pickup if the flight details are not confirmed at least 48 hours before arrival or if last minutes changes are made (even if they were not the fault of the students but of the airline).
- In the case of a serious disciplinary offence, repeated bad behavior or infringement of the laws of Argentina, the student will be expelled from the school and accommodation contracted with Our School without the right to any refund.
- In the case where damages are caused to third parties, all the expenses claimed from Our School that originate from the above-mentioned incident will be charged to the student, who will have no right to later claims.
REFUND POLICY & CANCELLATIONS
- Cancellations before arrival will be accepted in writing (letter, telegram, e-mail or fax)
- For cancellations prior to the last two weeks before arrival, there is a penalty of US$ 33.00
- For cancellations in the last two weeks before arrival there is a penalty of US$ 99.00
- Money for course and/or accommodation will not be refunded once the course has started (*)
* except in cases of serious illness (of the student or a direct family member) or another serious situation (For example, work or examination in home country, pregnancy or the obligation of doing military service).
In case of cancellation due to a serious illness or another serious situation the following procedures are applicable:
- Cancellations will be accepted in writing only
- In case of illness or pregnancy, a medical declaration that will be evaluated by our school doctor, needs to be attached
- In case of work, examination or military service, a declaration needs to be attached
- Our School will evaluate the situation and will consider a refund of a maximum of 75% for weeks that have not commenced yet, in other words, for complete weeks left
Our School will refund this amount at the latest 30 days after the original ending date of the course, by either bank wire transfer or credit card. Excluded from the cancellation procedures are the registration and volunteer fee, and the cost of classes/services already utilized.
The student will be charged a fee (see pricelist) for all changes in programs, volunteer projects, dates and/or accommodation after arrival. All changes are subject to availability.
Our School reserves the right to use all possible photos taken during the student’s stay unless the student refuses permission.
All fees are due on the first day of class at the very latest. Please inquire about our payment options before and on arrival by e-mail.
• Prices are valid until the 31st of December 2009 for courses beginning and ending in the year
• Prices for 2010 may vary; if the prices rise by more than 5% of the 2009 prices, the enrollment may be cancelled and the quantity paid reimbursed
• This price list overrules all previous information about prices and dates
• Our School is not responsible for obvious printing errors that may appear or for errors in publications by third parties Our School
>> I agree with the General Conditions and I want to apply.